Wednesday, September 16, 2015

So, why the change?

A couple of months ago, I applied and interviewed for a Warrant Officer position, I placed second on the hire list. Awesome right? Well, what is even better is the next conversation that happened. I was encouraged by the department to look at the testing process and apply as a Police Officer. Whirlwind right? I was apprehensive to say the least, being in the jail is completely different. Well, fast forward to about 3 days ago when I went on a ride along... WHAT A FREAKING ADRENALINE HIGH! If that is even a real thing - whatever I just made it one. Anyways, I am sold. I came home and scheduled my written and physical test almost immediately. 

Is it starting to fall into place as to why I am dead set on getting back into shape? Well, here is an idea. 200 Points maximum, 160 points minimum to pass, in 4 different events. So, here is a scoring matrix of maximum and minimum points.

300 Meter Run 
Max 56 seconds
Min 71 seconds 

1.5 Mile Run
Max 13:35 
Min: 14:31

Push Ups (unlimited time/perfect form to a 4" block)
Max 35
Min 21

Sit Ups (1 minute time limit)
Max 38
Minimum 30

There is scoring for every rep that you do, so basically sure do the minimum - you failed see you in the next 90 days. I am annoyed that I even have to be stressed out about passing it but, when I was in great shape I still got my ass kicked by push ups - I still passed but I hated it. It just isn't one of my strengths. So, here is the plan: I am literally going to do nothing but cardio, push ups, sit ups and stretch until I test. There will be ZERO question in my mind if I can pass this or not. 

All my best,

JT


No comments:

Post a Comment