Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Comeback Kid!

Hi everyone! 

I started this blog about 4 years ago, my original intent was to track my fitness progress and tryout for a local professional soccer team. Well, fast forward 4 years and here we are! I decided to bring this blog back to life for multiple reasons.

First, I really wanted to start writing in a journal again. However, I find it easier to type then it is to actually put a pen to paper.. Second, I am once again on a mission to get back into shape - shocking huh? I will get more into that in a little bit. Third, I have an actual plan this time, before I was very ambitious. I was like Yeah! I can do all of these things and this will be super successful, I can lose all this weight and blah blah blah. Again, ambitious but not realistic. 

Let's touch on my personal life for a second; I am not 24 almost 25... Eek! I am currently a full time Correction's Officer. I live with my amazing boyfriend and my adorable rescue pup named Capone. I have been at the jail for just over 2 years now. When I started I was in great shape however, like everything else life happens and I gained a substantial amount of weight. I mean like 35 pounds. My first question was, "How the hell did I gain 25 pounds in what seems like a week?!" I also have an answer to that question, multiple answers really. A new relationship happened - we went out to dinner ALL the time. A new job - I didn't get a permanent schedule until May of THIS YEAR. There is nothing more difficult then trying to plan literally anything in your life when you didn't have a set schedule. The academy happened - Correction's Officer Academy is interesting? I can't think of an adjective to use that wouldn't sound disrespectful. It is only a month long but it was easily the longest month of my life. So, I turned to food for comfort and BAM weight gain commenced. 

I am not going to BS anyone, I have tried I feel like 700 times to try and get back into shape but my Achilles heal much like everyone else - FOOD. I have no reservations about my lack of control when it comes to food. I love salty food, carbs, chips, pizza, pancakes, you get the idea... I have some weeks where I kick ass at meal prepping and eating well the next week I am like bring on the hot pockets and soda! Imagine a Gremlin if you will.. Ha! 

What's next?! 

In my next blog, I will get more insight as to why I suddenly have this motivation, what my goals are and the plan I have to reach these goals. Career change? Diet programs? Hmm... we will see! 

All my best,

JT   

No comments:

Post a Comment