Sunday, September 20, 2015

My Happy Place

One of the biggest luxuries of the schedule I have right now is the fact that I am off Sunday/Monday. I get to watch football, have a weekend day off, a day off with Ricky AND I get to play indoor soccer to my hearts content! 

It is difficult for me to put into words what Soccer has done for me. It has always been consistent in my life for the last 20 years. I can feel myself start to struggle when I haven't played for a while. Soccer is like my drug. It takes the edge off, relieves my stress, clears my mind. I also play with a group of fantastic people. I can be on the field when my world is falling apart and it feels like nothing can touch me. I just love it. 

It is no secret. I HATE CARDIO. So, today this is what I did.
I had the privilege to play 3 indoor games today. I had an arsenal of Spark and BCAA's to get me through. I used to play 3 games like it was nothing. During the second game I was like, "Sweet lord, I have another game to go..." but I never felt like I was just done. In the third game, I started to feel tired but again, I was never like I am done, see ya later. I felt it the most after I was on hard tackles. 

Moral to the story, I am still capable of playing as many games as I want because tired is a state of mind when it comes to running to me. Plus, I'd play all day if I was allowed. Its been a long time since everything on my FitBit screen has been all green! 

All my best, 
JT

No comments:

Post a Comment