Friday, September 25, 2015

I think I can, I think I can.

193.4
 
September 24- That is what I weighed in at on Tuesday morning. I have said before I am not in denial about my weight. I just don't feel like I weigh 193.4 Well, I am about to say GOODBYE to the 190 club FOREVER. This morning I weighed in at 190.4 pounds. I am consistently going down, down, down from here. It is such a good feeling. 
Please, make no mistake the past few days have not been easy. Last night at work we sat and talked about how Five guys is better than In n Out (it seriously is) and how Chick Fil A is in the PNW now and how we need a white castle. We went on for like 20 minutes about food. I was like OMG I will give you my left arm for a cheeseburger! 
Anyways, the first week is 3 main meals and as many vegetables as you want. Plus a metabolism boost shake and a cravings shake. The shakes actually were REALLY good. I was incredibly shocked. The food has not been bad either. I did not like the broccoli cheddar rice very much, the texture was kind of odd. I think I may have prepared it incorrectly. 

I have been using MyFitnessPal to track all of my food and my calories. It is also linked to my FitBit so my steps and exercise are all calculated and accounted for. 

This is a sample day. Not all of my food was captured in the screenshot.

 
September 25- 189.6! I am starting day 4 today. The only time I have struggled really badly is after work. I am used to snacking or binge eating while I watch Big Brother or whatever else I need to catch up on. I could be eating more vegetables - I'm doing a pretty good job I think. This morning after my nail appointment I went to a local whole foods kind of store and made a nice vegetable full salad, some raw vegetables I can just grab and go as well as a stir fry mix. 

I have also discovered I HATE making vegetables in coconut oil. After it is refrigerated it makes this nasty coconut oil film and I just can't do it. It grosses me out just thinking about it. Ew. 

The portions have given me an understanding of how much you need to eat. I'm sure some people are like, "You're an idiot. How do you not know the correct portions." Well, I've never really paid that much attention, I guess. I was always active so I wasn't all that concerned with it. Now I am not eating until I am uncomfortably full I am eating until I am fulfilled. Which makes work and life a lot better. I'm not so full that I am tired or uncomfortable in my uniform. #winning

Anyways, I am at the halfway point right now. After this week is over I get to incorporate snacks and a little bit more food.

I have lost this weight so far from just eating correctly. I have taken Capone on walks and been active at work but that is about the extent of my working out. I did not want to be like BAM! Change all of my eating habits. BAM! Workout like a crazy person. BAM! That bam was unnecessary I was just on a role. So, next week I will probably start working out a few days a week. 

I feel... calm. That is probably an odd way to feel. However, I feel like a lot of people doing diets or making changes are stressed out a lot. I know I have been previously. I'm not stressed right now though. I know I am eating food that tastes pretty good and its fueling my body rather than just tasting good. I am really happy with how things are going. 

I would like to formally say GOODBYE to the 190 pound club. I am out! Now, Hello 180 pound club. I do not plan to be here for very long!

All my best,

JT
 

No comments:

Post a Comment