Thursday, September 17, 2015

Alright, now tell me how?

I previously stated I have gained about 35 pounds since I started at the jail 2 years ago. I have always had that extra "fluff" if you will. Later, I will post all of my specifics. Anyways, I was a competitive soccer player for the better part of my life. In that time we did some insane training and conditioning. However, the only "competitive event" I have participated in after all of that was when I ran a half marathon. If that teaches you ANYTHING it is straight up mental toughness. 

Anyways, back to the point. When I went on the ride along a few days ago, the Officer I was riding with was talking about this diet he was doing. *DISCLAIMER* Almost every time someone tells me about their new "diet" I am like yeah, shut up no one cares. I'm sure it sucks. However, I took the bait and asked what it was. He went on to tell me about NutriSystem - preplanned meals, can still workout, still drink coffee, etc. Fall back it is expensive. He also dropped a bomb that he lost 27 pounds in like 5 weeks... Intrigued. So, while he was writing reports I started to look into it. 

The selling point for NutriSystem for me - almost all of your food is already made. You can add in your own touches but essentially it is all done for you. I already said, food is my weakness. If I am not on it that week, it is a free for all and I will eat what I want and however much I want to eat. My inner incredibly lazy girl was like hell yes. So, I took the plunge. 

I have looked at other diets such as Ideal Protein - not happening. Weekly weigh ins, measurements, and they have a great system. The supplement somethings and I believe you have a coach. However, meal prep. Also, costs around $100 a week. 

I have actually tried AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge - the first 10 days is the detox/cleanse and the fiber is just WRONG. I literally could not do it. I had to make a Spark/Fiber icee and use a spoon to eat it, even then I couldn't eat the whole thing. Plus you take what seems like 750 pills. The other fall back I seemed to encounter was how much water you have to drink - that is fine and all but how am I supposed to eat anything after I just drank 24+ oz of water for all of these supplements?! In the end, I made it a few days into the reset phase and was just bored. I can cook and I enjoy cooking but it just gets old trying to follow that schedule. So now, I have a whole box of meal replacement shakes and the pills that come with it. I was also out around $160. 

I came home and plugged my numbers into NutriSystem. They were like Oh, Hi those numbers put you in the obese range... FML. In the end, the numbers did not matter. I knew well before anyone I was overweight, it is what it is. I did the "pick your own" plan, everything that will be delivered to my house I selected. Why spend all that money and get things you may not like? All together, I spent $319. I intend on adding a lot of veggies to my meals as well, I struggle with my vegetable intake. Also, I still plan on having one cheat day a week. 

NOW FOR THE NUMBERS! :) 

Heaviest Weight: 198 pounds
Lowest Weight: 163 pounds
Current Weight: 188-193 pounds (depending on the day)
BMI: 33.1 

On the left was about 2 years ago, I weighed about 163 in that photo. I played soccer like 4 times a week. I also lifted and did cardio. On the right was about a month ago, hiking in Oregon. I am sitting at about 190. The part that is crazy? I don't feel THAT big, but hey this is my starting point! I have a physical test I am going to crush and never go back to feeling this way again. 


Too late to leave these walls
This castle's been surrounded
Won't stay to watch it fall around us

All the best,
JT 

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Love your blog already and excited to follow your journey :) I'm in the same predicament...my only real reason to do it tho is I don't fit into my jeans anymore! Thanks for being so vulnerable and sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Love your blog already and excited to follow your journey :) I'm in the same predicament...my only real reason to do it tho is I don't fit into my jeans anymore! Thanks for being so vulnerable and sharing this!

    ReplyDelete